Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Coming out

So through my adolescent I was definitely portrayed as a heterosexual women and throughout college/early 20s I never cared about correcting anyone but now that I’m starting to really embrace my pansexuality, I was wondering if anyone had any tips/experience coming out? Previously I never publicly came out not because I was scared of the backlash, but just because I didn’t want to take the energy to address specific people in my life about just sexuality and trying to tailor my responses to people who pay specific roles in my life. so I was wondering if anyone had any experience in trying to respond to multiple levels of of roles people play (best friends, precisely teaches, old coworkers, distant family)in their lives. I have never placed a lot of weight into what people think of me which is why I’ve never come out before, but the older I get, the more I feel like there’s a distant part of my personality that I’m hiding and want to share but I also feel like I’ve fit into such a heterosexual female category amongst my past that I don’t know how to address and reclaim my sexuality to people who have known me for so long. This is kind of a tangent but I would appreciate any advice people could pass on to me because I really want to be transparent and not feel like I’m hiding something that I value



Submitted October 19, 2020 at 11:43PM by curiosity_kylls https://ift.tt/2T9LF65

No comments:

Post a Comment