Thursday, January 2, 2020

Why do you Pansexuals think that gender is a "social construct"?

From what I've read here, people here say that there's a difference between "Sex" and "Gender". Following this idea, some people say that there are 3 "sexes" (Male, Female and Intersex (What I understood as hermaphrodite)), but I think that there are only 2 "sexes", male or female (assuming that intersex individuals are in fact hermaphrodites, their 'sex' is whatever 'sex' their body, hair, voice tone, etc physically resembles the most (excluding their genitals) (still being either a male or a female, and nothing else).

On the other hand, people say that 'gender' is a completely different thing, that it is a social construct. It's "what we identify as". So, me, being a male, could say that I identify as a woman, for example, even though I look like nothing like a woman? Why does the LGBT community invent such topics as these?

"I'm not feeling really well today. I identify as a woman today."

"Today's a great day to be a man!"

For me, it doesn't make sense! Suppose that 'gender' could be really classified as a social construct (I'm making an assumption, since I believe it's not a social construct.). Okay, you could be a female and identify as a male, but only mentally, not physically. And even if you change your gender and see yourself as a male, you'd still be a female at heart. If your biological gender will not ever change, why create 70ish different genders? I just don't understand!



Submitted January 02, 2020 at 05:02PM by Rocadinis https://ift.tt/2QKMiBo

No comments:

Post a Comment