Monday, April 27, 2020

Okay okay okay, “regardless of gender”?

So originally, at the start of my “Who the heck am I?” journey, I thought I was bi. Then I met this really awesome trans/non-binary person (it was complicated, he/they were figuring stuff out) and then I figured I must pan, because, ya know, people are cute.

So I joined a few pan groups and in every single one, I kept seeing the definition of pan as “liking someone regardless of gender” or gender being “invisible” to pan folks. These descriptions of pan never really sat right with me because why the heck would you just ignore something so important?

I did some more research on different sexualities and found “omnisexual”. Some said it was the same as pan, others argued that it meant you saw the gender (or lack there of) of another person, but still are attracted to them.

So here’s my question (my intent is NOT to invalidate anyone, so I’m truly sorry if this does). If they are in fact, different, then aren’t pans just ignoring a major part of who someone is? And omnisexuals are looking at the full picture? I’m genuinely confused lol, so if someone could help me separate the two, explain how gender being “invisible” works, etc. I’d be really grateful! <3



Submitted April 27, 2020 at 06:27PM by kovan_empire https://ift.tt/2VJcUGK

No comments:

Post a Comment