Sunday, May 31, 2020

Just found out this past year

Hello everyone. I just wanted to talk about my coming out experience. For context I’m a cis man who used to think he was straight.

About a year ago I started dating a high school friend I reconnected with. After a few months they came out to me as gender fluid and said that they were worried about how it would affect the relationship. In that moment I realized that it didn’t affect how I felt about them. I still cared about them and felt attracted to them no matter what gender they were. We aren’t dating anymore, but since then I’ve come to realize that I’m attracted to all genders.

It’s been kind of wild. I’ve come out to my family and they’ve been really supportive. But I find that I’m kind of struggling with an “imposter syndrome” type feeling. Like I’m 23 and I didn’t know I was pan until last year. Plus I’ve only ever dated women and there’s this part of me that questions whether I’m actually pan or not. It’s probably just me overthinking things, but it’s something I worry about every now and then.

I guess I’m just wondering if these feelings are something other pan people have experienced. Is this something that you might have advice for? I’m just kind of reaching out with these feelings to seek validation and to see if others can relate.



Submitted May 31, 2020 at 07:04PM by Existoadtionalist https://ift.tt/2XkidgJ

No comments:

Post a Comment