Thursday, May 28, 2020

why is the left movement so weak in australia?


i guess im just venting here, so please oblige. i recently had to take in family who have been left homeless by the system. this is not the first time. casual work being lost, sexual assaults and slumlord rental practices have all taken their toll. this was just before the pandemic.​i go to my local party and say "please tell me what i can do to help the homeless" they laugh at the idea of a rent strike, call it an april fools. i ask other comrades, who reveal that they are landlords themselves and oppose my line on organising rent strikes.i myself have lost my casual job, cant find another in my field. i ask my comrades at the party again, "what role does the unemployed/underemployed have in the class struggle?" they say im part of the reserve army of labour, then point me to an unemployment union. at least i can go somewhere and do something with this advice, but it is essentially the same as saying, "we dont care about you. youre not working, not in a union, so you have little value for us. go over there where the rest of the stigmatised minority is, we're not going to do ANYTHING to help".​what the fuck is this shit? this is not the communism of Fidel, Sankara, Mao? who went among their people, their most oppressed and organised? what the fuck is wrong with the movement in my country? i have called these people comrade but they do not have my back. they are petty bourgeois themselves and fight for bullshit while there are actual poor people that need an organization. get your shit together leftist orgs in australia via /r/communism https://ift.tt/36DqEqi

No comments:

Post a Comment