Monday, December 30, 2019

Got my nails done

So I felt the need to share with someone, and this feels like a good place.

I’ve always been very cis-normative in my appearance because I was raised in a very conservative environment, and it’s hard to break out of that shell. And even though a lot of guys do it, I was worried adopting more androgynous or feminine aspects to my appearance would be too risky.

But today I got my first manny-peti, and I got a clear coat put on. I know it’s a small thing, but feeling able to defy gender norms is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while.

Anyway, I’m just excited to have part of me feel...beautiful rather than handsome. Not that one is better than the other, but I like being able to chose.



Submitted December 30, 2019 at 09:27PM by ebr101 https://ift.tt/2F62Zlv

No comments:

Post a Comment