Wednesday, January 1, 2020

They didn't care in the best way...

I just came out to my parents and was completely overwhelmed by their response. I wad laying on the end of the bed and we were dissing the the new HGTV dream home and my dad wanted to smoke and asked to leave. I sat up intending to leave but I plopped back down and told them what's up. Their basic response was that they don't care who I love as long as they have grandkids. I lost it right there. It was honestly funny how they said it but I still felt so good about simply telling them something I've been trying to figure out since I was in high school. Plus the fact that my mom pretty much knew blew my mind. I never gave any notes on my attraction to anybody but cis men and she had a clue already. The only hint she had was the fact that I've never had a partner. My dad only knew thanks to my mom, but he made a big point that no matter who I love, I'll still be protected by my patents the same and that I deserve love and respect. It was a quick conversation but it still really meant a lot. My relationship with my parents got better and a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. TLDR: I told my parents my alter ego is Petra Pan. They don't care. ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™



Submitted January 01, 2020 at 07:39PM by chikn_nuggit https://ift.tt/2MMDWrI

No comments:

Post a Comment