Saturday, May 23, 2020

Fun Coming Out Story!! (Share your own)

It wasn't actually fun at the time but it is now. I was already out to my friends at this point then, My super cool grandma came over for dinner and asked us how to address someone whose gender she wasn't sure about (favorite grandma). As we are explaining the difference between sexuality and gender and some of the groups within those (like nonbinary, gay, gender fluid, etc...), the difference between Bi and Pan came up and my sister goes, "Oh like Epiphany432 (Me)". I had only told her and she forgot so it was kinda a shock for just about everybody. My sister of course apologized and was super worried (luckily all my family was super accepting, other than a few people who we don't speak to or I haven't told). At the time I was 100% not prepared to come out but now it's super funny and I tease my sister about it now (Don't worry, My sister and I are fine). I know being outed sucks but if you find a supportive group of people it isn't so bad.

Edit 1: I posted this just to share maybe encourage other to share and because I thought that it ended up being a more positive being outed story. Also that it was funny.



Submitted May 23, 2020 at 12:33AM by Epiphany432 https://ift.tt/36q8EQe

No comments:

Post a Comment