Wednesday, June 24, 2020

What is the consensus on Mao


Now, I'm not quite as well versed in theory as some but I like to think I have a fairly good understanding of history and the basics. The basic gist of my question is what is the consensus on Mao?I doubt there has ever been or ever will be a perfect leader but it seems as though his failures outweigh the good he did. His crackdown on dissent seems reductive to the betterment of a government especially since his stated goal for the Hundred Flowers was exactly that. The Great Famine would appear to be due to incompetence in collectivization. This added to the fact that China has more or less come under state capitalism.My opinion is generally unfavorable although I would very much like to hear other thoughts on the subject especially if I have made any mistakes on the subject. via /r/communism https://ift.tt/3exnJCB

No comments:

Post a Comment