Sunday, August 30, 2020

Looking for advice: how can I deal with the ache I feel when attracted to someone I know I’ll never be with?

I’m attracted to a lot of people, and I’m the kind of person that feels my feelings very intensely/passionately. It’s very easy for me to be attracted to someone - doesn’t matter whether it’s someone I personally know or not - and it feels like 99% of the time it’s someone I will never have any opportunity to start any kind of intimate relationship with. Maybe they’re already in a committed relationship, maybe they’re emotionally unavailable, maybe they’re not even attracted to my gender or people like me.

I also wish I could practice casual intimacy with my friends/people I’m attracted to, but I feel like the general consensus is that it’s either taboo or undesirable by most other people. I just feel really stuck having really strong feelings with no outlet. And I’m afraid to tell anyone about them because I feel like they’ll reject me, then think I’m weird or a perv. Or worse they’ll become uncomfortable around me, which would make me feel terrible.

Can anyone relate? How do I even begin dealing with these feelings?



Submitted August 30, 2020 at 05:25PM by 1MockZ https://ift.tt/3gJTKaU

No comments:

Post a Comment