Friday, November 29, 2019

Suicide and Communist Goals


TW: suicidal ideationI balance perpetually between my will to further the leftist ideology I love and ending an otherwise meaningless existence.I'm a philosophical person, I don't treat suicide with the same emotional buy-in that others do. I see it as an expedition of life's ultimate end. I understand that for me, it is an inevitability. Thus, I participate in western, capitalist society only to further the goals of Marxist thought. My only driving force is to help humanity.But what is selfishness? Is it valid to want to end my own suffering? How long must I wait to find true peace? Is my part in the grand revolution truly so impactful?I know that there will be some who will take the hard-line approach and tell me that suicide is never an option, that it causes more grief than it cures. But what does that do to bodily autonomy? How do we as Marxists keep from killing ourselves?I know I won't find Nirvana in the comments of a Reddit post, but if I don't reach out somewhere than I will feel I haven't truly exhausted every option.These comments are intended as discussion and not a therapeutic pool. Please remember that I am in no way intending upon ending my own life, and I will still be around to read and participate.A note to mods: if this post violates any of the rules, I am deeply sorry and accept the removal of this post.A note to the mod bots: beep beep boop boop sorry for posting poop.Non-edit footer: I'm intoxicated, but I really only talk about the important things when my inhibitions are removed. via /r/communism https://ift.tt/35HrS26

No comments:

Post a Comment