Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Why do I even try...

Sorry for the rant, but I really had a tiresome conversation with one of my coworkers yesterday.

For a little context, I'm a 40+ male and I've been married to my wife for a little over ten years. We have a 7 year old daughter. So anyway, I don't know how the conversation got to there, but at some point we started talking about relationships. They coworker is not particularly biased or a bigot, but is a little conservative and refers to the LGBTQ+ as 'them'. And after the conversation we had, I'm also pretty sure he only knows what the first two letters stand for.

Anyway, I told him I don't understand the whole labelling. I mean I get it logically, but is doesn't really compute in my head. I love whomever I love. And I'm in love with my wife. But I'd been in love with her regardless of her gender. I'll admit it made the whole kid situation a little easier though. So that was followed by a whole lot of questions and a growing confusion. I think I've only had relationships and sex with straight or bi women, but only because I never considered the option of going after a guy. I've had total crushes on men, but didn't follow up on those. All of them seemed to be straight. Also I was into women as well which made it confusing, so I just brushed the man-crushes off as part of 'friendship'. And with my more conservative upbringing regarding gender roles, I just let it be. But I'm perfectly fine loving whatever person.

The more we spoke about it, the blanker his stare got. Today he's being awkward... *sigh* I sometimes wonder why I even bother explaining the way I am... *shrugs*



Submitted November 26, 2019 at 04:28AM by Taghato https://ift.tt/2OGQlhe

No comments:

Post a Comment