Monday, June 1, 2020

Do organizations such as PSL require prior knowledge/experience?


For a little while I've been contemplating joining PSL (PSL and DSA are the only active ones in my area AFAIK and DSA is off putting to me). I never really cared much about politics until I started college, I briefly volunteered with DSA and Bernie's campaign in 2016. I'm an immigrant from Honduras and was there through the coup in 2009, and I moved on from SocDem ideas after I decided it failed to answer concerns about imperialism and when it was made clear to me that capitalism cannot be reformed. I've been reading some texts like State & Revolution during the pandemic in my spare time after work, and with everything going on right now I feel like it's a critical time to contribute with actions. I haven't been able to talk to people from PSL in my area yet (I tried scheduling a call on their website twice but the date/time comes around and no one calls), but I was wondering if anyone here who has experience with them knows what they require? I know they do some sort of courses about party lines or something like that but I'm not sure if they require previous experience in activism or organizing or any prior knowledge of theory or things like that, because I would assume they would be a little cautious about who they let in?​Thank you. via /r/communism https://ift.tt/3gGRzpP

No comments:

Post a Comment