Tuesday, July 21, 2020

I'm soo mad right now, lol (read that as slightly jealous) ...

The world denied me my tribe! Y'all are making the same jokes as me, wearing the same ensembles i wear (in my mind) and getting to do it in your twenties!! ;( Love u guys! You better not take it for granted. Because I'm 41, and this was my experience: No one accepted me in my twenties. They told me i was 'fetishising' queer people (both gay and straight told me this). I said "but I'm queer how can that be?" They said but then you're a lesbian. I said "no, because i'm bi (well was bi before realizing what I'm telling now). So how would i label myself lesbian? And wait how would that somehow be less appropriating than saying i feel love and attraction to all gender expressions!?" 'Well because you're a girl.' -"Okay so we're still denying bi people are legitimate. So even if i continue on that thread it still goes like this: but I'm a girl who is a human who feels that societies terms of womanhood are Not Enough; and i also feel personally really awkward saying my gender should dictate anything in my life.. much less placing that on others!" - 'Okay so you are bitter straight female who is just confused and wishes you were a male'. Ohmyfreakin'god okay fine. And I'm done. Thanks not thanks. .... So what did i do? I enjoyed some, but i never dated a woman (much less any other scenarios. Except self denying bi guys who were in the same scenario as me, not Living their Truth). Very sad for me now. But i didn't fully realize then. I guess it hurt too bad, being the person who came out to my mom at 13 - to then get treated like this within my own community. It was scary. And something i was in shock about. I didn't want to get my real self shattered. So I chose not to fight. I chose to be silent and give in and let the years pass me by. Lying to myself i wouldn't regret it and being scared. ~so please don't do like I did. ~Love and Peace you guys



Submitted July 21, 2020 at 01:20AM by mystery675 https://ift.tt/3hm73zb

No comments:

Post a Comment