Sunday, August 23, 2020

I’m considering adding a rule and I’d love feedback from our community

Hello beautiful and lovable pans!

To support keeping our community and everyone in it safe, having fun, and loving on everyone, I am considering adding the following rule:

“Do not private message a /r/pansexual user without first asking and receiving permission.”

The intention of this rule is to protect members from getting creepy or uncomfortable pm’s in response to selfies. I’ve seen this rule work well in other communites.

Simply having the rule in place could empower pans to report harassing private messages.

My hesitation is that I don’t know if we need to do this! It’s not often I get reports for creepy pms, but at the same time, I have no way of knowing if this is a problem that requires addressing without asking.

So I am turning to all of you!

Are creepy PMs a problem? Do you think this rule is a good change? What do you like, or not like about the rule?

Thank you all! I will be considering this change over a few days. Love always, Erik.



Submitted August 23, 2020 at 10:30PM by erikpdx https://ift.tt/3j8HeUe

No comments:

Post a Comment