Sunday, September 27, 2020

Can someone explain to me how the Uyghur camps are not just racial profiling like in the United States?


Basically every ML I've spoken to will tell me that the camps do exist, and that there are millions or hundreds of thousands of Uyghurs in them, but will argue that they are justified and don't have as bad conditions as they are made out to be in the western media. But what I don't get is how you can justify the arrest of millions of people based on their ethnicity/religion, just because there are a lot of terrorists with their same background.I don't see how its any different than this list of "Ancestries of Interest" from the NYPD: https://ift.tt/3ifVjOU don't go to these camps willingly. They cannot leave these camps as they please. It'd also be ridiculous to say that all of them are terrorists or whatever. How is mass arrests of civilians based on their ethnic or religious backgrounds not oppressive? Pls don't ban me for this post because I'm just looking to learn via /r/communism https://ift.tt/3jaDDoO

No comments:

Post a Comment