Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Toxic Family

I haven’t come out to my family, they have very conservative views and I know it wouldn’t be a good choice for my mental/ emotional health.

I did hope however, that one day I might be able to.

My mother brought up the debate from last night while having dinner at my place. Long story short, she said some very fkd up stuff that was homophobic and transphobic. I lost my temper and ended up crying really hard during the argument.

I knew better than to engage, but it’s just so painful and terrifying to realize in that moment, my mother’s love is conditional. That the things she says and truly believes about the gay community (and by extension me) are never going to change.

I hate the idea of spending the rest of my life hiding that I’m pans, but being disowned by my only parent feels just as impossible.



Submitted September 30, 2020 at 06:05PM by SlytheringSavage https://ift.tt/2G5qZJO

No comments:

Post a Comment