Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Hunger For Death/Fuel For Success (H4D/F4S)

“I hang my head low in defeat, while the evil watches me weep. I strive to sleep, but the voices keep me weak. I want to chase dreams, but the world doesn’t share belief. All they do is doubt me, while I keep my silent pain hidden deep.”

The whole world never believed in me. They thought I was nothing but a joke. I told them that I want to be a writer, all they responded with was “go get a real job, writing is for kids.” When I was abused and molested as a kid, everyone said “you’re just lying to get attention.” They all think I use my disabilities as a crutch and that I’ll never make it. And when I came out as pansexual, I got disowned by many friends and family members.

BUT WHO THE FUCK ARE THEY?!? Everyone doubts you and your dreams until you succeed at them, and so many people get disowned because of who they love. It’s fucked up to say the least. And it sickens me that “family” can become strangers in an instant.

But I won’t let that bring me down. I used to let it all affect me, I used to have a hunger for death. I wanted to die every fucking day. People hated me for having dreams and being gay, now I’m stronger than my demons. I’ll let the doubters and haters and homophobes be the fuel to my future success. It’s time to rewind the tape, let’s rewrite the poem to what I really want it to say.

“I hang my head high as I watch the evil retreat. I don’t believe in sleep, success is my biggest dream. I no longer care if the world doesn’t believe, I’ll make sure that when it’s my time to leave, my pain will cease and my success will leave an everlasting mark for the world to see.”



Submitted September 30, 2020 at 06:07PM by ShiftAcrobatic1920 https://ift.tt/30oOBjc

No comments:

Post a Comment