Monday, September 28, 2020

I need help building a safety net for coming out.

I have known I wasn’t straight for a long time and have been in the closet. However I am just about to officially start dating a guy (I identify as male) and I really need to make a plan for coming out.

I had lived on my own for almost 3 years, but I had to move back in after breaking up with my ex and the corona virus. I have a group of people who are agreeing to roommate with me, but the last person’s lease expires in February, so February is the soonest I can live on my own again.

My parents are quite homophobic (they supported Kim Davis lol) and are fundamentalist Christians that being LGBT condemns you to hell. They are typically sweet enough, but I need to make a plan to come out safely and have options and resources in case they freak and kick me out.

I have been trying to find resources today, and I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar place and found good resources. Like is there a place with people I can talk to that will help me put together a plan?

Thank you all so much for any help.



Submitted September 28, 2020 at 09:32PM by DeadManWalking7 https://ift.tt/30iNe5F

No comments:

Post a Comment