Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Sub for Leftist Unity (experiment)


Sub: r/thosedamnleftiesI've been lurking and occasionally posting in a variety of leftist subs for awhile now. Each has its dedicated community and some amazing takes, resources, and discussions. Despite this there is little to no room for people of different leftist ideologies to actually have a discussion with each other and share ideas. This was most recently seen with what happened in r/GenZanarchist with the new mods and banning of non-marxists. Aside from this most recent example I remember regularly seeing/hearing about people getting banned from specific leftist subs for essentially just not falling the same exact set of beliefs as the mods want. I think thats kind of fucked up.So, I wanted to try a little experiment and create a new sub for this very purpose, r/thosedamnlefties. I have essentially no expectations for this sub and just want to see what happens if I throw it out there and see what people think. My intent is obviously not to replace any existing sub but instead to provide a neutral place for people to come together and have the hard discussions we need to have.Please let me know what you think and whether or not you're interested in possibly trying to build this.In Solidarity,PlsDisregard via /r/communism https://ift.tt/3hXpbPU

No comments:

Post a Comment