Tuesday, October 29, 2019

How about Romantic Orientation?

I (M, 24) personally swing pansexual homoromantic, or gay pansexual as I like to say for short ^_^ "Queer" would also be a good descriptor for me, but I just can't self-apply it for personal reasons (it was used as a slur against me many times in the past).

Basically, I can absolutely see myself having sex with a woman if I was good friends with her and we cared about/trusted each other, in fact I think most women are even more beautiful than most men, but I just can't imagine myself ever being in a romantic relationship with one. Imagine how confusing that was for me in my hetero-normative, predominately white rural high school; I always thought I was just really nervous around girls because of fear or rejection or insecurity, but in hindsight it was really because I just didn't *want* that, and a part of me knew it. "Yet I still get turned on by girls, but even moreso guys, but I'm so deep in the closet about that and aaaaah!" Thankfully resources like this reddit, and talking to other LGBTQA folks, helped me finally realize exactly where my interests lay :3

What was your journey like? Has your romantic orientation ever clashed with how you viewed your sexual orientation? How did you figure it out?



Submitted October 29, 2019 at 08:38PM by SBishop2014 https://ift.tt/347SqZA

No comments:

Post a Comment