Friday, October 25, 2019

jesus is king

I've been a hardcore ๐Ÿ’ฏ Kanye fan since College Dropout ๐Ÿ‘จ‍๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿ˜ค. I've LOVED ❤️ every single thing he's done. ๐Ÿ’ฏ OBVIOUSLY everyone loves the run of albums from CD to MBDTF. ๐Ÿคฆ‍♀️ I think Yeezus is his best album. ๐Ÿคท‍♀️๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿฅต I love TLOP. ❤️๐Ÿ”ฅI love Ye.❤️๐Ÿ”ฅ And I really loved the listening party version of Jesus Is King.❤️๐Ÿ”ฅ ✝️ I've been going through a really rough๐Ÿ˜ฉ๐Ÿ˜ญ time this year and the listening party ๐ŸŽ‰happened on one of the few weekends where I actually felt happy,๐Ÿ‘†๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ˜Œ so I associated the bootleg recording of the listening party version of the album๐Ÿ’ฟ with the only bit of positivity ๐Ÿ˜ฉ➕I've felt all year. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฉ Up ⬆️ From the Ashes ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ“ was the MOST ๐Ÿ‘ BEAUTIFUL ๐Ÿ‘ THING ๐Ÿ‘ I'd heard in a loong while, ⏳and though things went to shit ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿคขafter that, I've held on looking forward ➡️➡️ to hearing ๐Ÿ‘‚that in CDQ.

And THIS is what we get. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ’ข Up From the Ashes is gone. ๐Ÿ’€⚰️ LA Monster, which had some GREAT ๐Ÿ’ฏ melodies even if it wasn't the best ๐Ÿคท‍♀️ song on the album, is gone. ๐Ÿฅ€☠️ Selah ๐Ÿ‘ฉ has been absolutely butchered. The transitions between songs sound extremely abrupt. ๐Ÿ–️๐Ÿ›‘ The mixing is ๐Ÿ‘fucking๐Ÿ‘ GODAWFUL even for a Kanye album. ๐Ÿคฆ‍♀️ Follow God sounds absolutely horrid ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿฆ --I don't know how professional engineers/mixers/masterers can fuck up that bad. ๐Ÿคท‍♀️๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿคฆ‍♀️ Even Use This Gospel manages to sound hollow somehow. ๐Ÿงน๐ŸงดThe ☝️ only ☝️ song that lived up to my expectations was Water, ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐ŸŒŠ and Kanye's verse on it is easily one of the weakest ๐Ÿ‹️‍♂️ parts on the album. ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿคฌ

And can we TALK about Kanye's vocals? ๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿต๐Ÿต๐Ÿต๐Ÿธ The LQ recording of the listening party masked it, but never have his vocals sounded so ๐Ÿ‘half-assed ๐Ÿ‘, so unpolished. ๐Ÿงฝ๐ŸงดAnd they aren't even mixed properly. ๐Ÿคฆ‍♀️ Ugh!

I've loved ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•everything Kanye has put out and I've always defended ๐Ÿ›ก️ his new music and hated ๐Ÿ’” seeing posts like these trashing Yeezus or TLOP or Ye. ๐Ÿ™… But I'm just so ๐Ÿ‘ incredibly ๐Ÿ‘ unbelievably ๐Ÿ‘ disappointed ๐Ÿ‘ with ๐Ÿ‘ this. I KNOW it's my fault for listening to the leaked recording and getting my hopes up. ๐Ÿ˜ญ But needed ๐Ÿ’ฏ that album and this just isn't it. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿ˜ค๐Ÿธ๐Ÿต

I never ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšซ thought ๐Ÿ’ญ this day would come, but I'm going to need to distance ๐Ÿ“ myself from my Kanye fandom for a while. ๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’” I can look past all the antics, ๐Ÿฅœ all the controversies, ๐Ÿš️ all the ignorance, ๐Ÿค“ and ๐Ÿ”ฅhell๐Ÿ”ฅ, I can even forgive the delays ⏳⌛and the poor communication. ๐Ÿ‘„๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿ‘‚ But this album...๐Ÿ’ฟ... ๐Ÿ˜ญI don't know. ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’” This is just one ☝️step ๐Ÿฆถ too far.๐Ÿ™… I just needed to get that off my chest.๐Ÿ˜ฃ๐Ÿ˜ฃ I don't mind if everyone disagrees ๐Ÿ‘Žand downvotes ⬇️ me to oblivion--I guess I'd be happy if you all enjoy the album. ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก But as one of Kanye's biggest fans... I don't know. He really let me down this time. ๐Ÿค ☹️๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜“๐Ÿ˜ญ



Submitted October 25, 2019 at 11:06AM by andamancrake https://ift.tt/32NUjKS

No comments:

Post a Comment